Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Progress pics and name change

I announced about a week ago that I had to change the name of my site and FB page.  So today I've finally gotten around to it and we are now named 'Felt Fascinated'.  I hope it grows on you all :oD

I am also in the process of setting up an Etsy shop where I will list all items for sale.  Links will be provided here and I will also maintain a gallery of past works here for you all to view at your leisure.

I had to go away for a few days last week and I made sure to take as much of my felting stuff with me as I could.  I decided to rework my very first attempt at felting and I have to say, I'm very pleased with the progress I've made.

Original bear. My first ever attempt at needle felting.

Reinvented bear.  I think it looks much better now.
I've been planning some more plushies for a while and I had already purchased some fur fabric so I decided to get started on my next plushie while I was at my friends house.  She is 100% hand sewn with a felted face, cute button joints and hand painted German glass eyes.  Her felted face is merino fibre and her teeth are pure white angora rabbit fur.  She isn't quite finished yet but I'm happy to share progress pics so everyone can see how she is coming along.  I went into spotlight yesterday and purchased some fabric to make her outfit and I think she is looking very sweet.  If a little evil without her eyelashes. lol.



Close up of her face
I've also been working on another character feltoonie for a special order.  I know, I seem to be doing a lot of special orders lately, but this order came in a while back and I plan to get it finished then not do any special orders till I have enough creations made to actually list some on Etsy.  Here is a progress pic of my special order; Frankenbunny.  Again, not quite finished but will post another pic when I've put the finishing touches on him.  I think he's turned out pretty well. :oD


Special announcement: I want to let you all know that I'm planning a once a month shop update for my creations.  My first listing is planned for the New Year.  Of course, the first listing day will be announced on the Facebook page so if you're not following now is a good time to pop over there and press that like button so you'll be able to get your stalking boots on as soon as I make that announcement.

2 comments:

  1. I have your blog addie. No need to answer my question on the forum. I love the eyes on your rabbit. Need to ask - you have nailed the eyelids - how did you do it...??
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realistically it comes down practice for me Tracy. Its taken many goes to get them just right but essentially I start with very small amounts of fibre and just keep building it up till its just the right shape then felt it till its perfectly smooth. I finish it off with a coat of clear nail polish (yep, its true lol) to harden the fibre. It takes a couple of hours to set but it dries clear and rock hard, after which, your eyelids will NOT budge :oD Hope this helps honey. Let me know if you give it a shot and how it goes for you xo

    ReplyDelete